31DC13 Day 23: Inspired by a movie

Today I'm finally going to continue the challenge! You know guys, I really struggled with today's task. I tried so hard to figure out what I wanted to do and I always came up empty. I do love good movies and I also watch movies quite often, but I just couldn't figure out even what movie I wanted to do. That's also the main reason it has taken me so long to continue this challenge... Finally I decided to just do this the easy and obvious way and then I managed to do at least something. The mani isn't no where near perfect and I pretty much got ruined, but I decided to post this anyhow as I really don't want to do this movie manicure again.

Yeah, like I said, the mani isn't too good, but it's something! Obviously I used Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast At Tiffany's as my inspiration. I started the mani with two coats of L'Oreal BB Perfect Pastel Coat, then I placed the water decals on my ring fingers. Then I painted the half moons with China Glaze For Audrey using some hole reinforcers to create the half moons and framed the decals on my ring finger nails with the same polish. Finally with the help of some top coat I applied small pieces from that plastic beads to each nails.

I thought this was nice and simple idea, but the beads didn't really want to work with me. It was so incredibly hard to somehow get them to that somewhat round shape on my ring fingers and I also seem to have too narrow nails for this. Also it would have probably been better idea to use some nail glue instead of top coat to secure those beads into place as with top coat they really went pretty much where they wanted to and they certainly didn't stay there where you put them. Those water decals are also some poor ebay quality and they were really thick but somehow still managed to get wrinkled...


At least the color of China Glaze For Audrey is as gorgeous as always and the color of the beads went really well together with the polish!
http://www.bornprettystore.com/ 
I have gotten the beads from Born Pretty Store for review and mine are color #2. These 100 cm of these in the one package, so there's really plenty to use for several manicures. I just have to ficure out some easier way to use these!

Don't forget that you can get 10% off with my code MBL91 and BPS offers free worldwide shipping! I don't gain anything if you use my code, but BPS has promised that they will sponsor a giveaway here in my blog if ten people use the code.

Here's what I used:
L'Oreal BB Perfect Pastel Coat (2 coats)
China Glaze For Audrey
Mereneid Top It All Top Coat
water decals
Reinforcements (for the half moons)
Wire cutters (to cut those beads)

My movie inspired mani wasn't that creative two years ago either:
But I think I still liked it more than that newer one. You can check out the full post about the mani here.

Do you guys have any movie in mind that would be great for nail art inspiration?


*****

Tänään vihdoin jatkuu siis 31. päivän haaste. Haasteen jatkaminen on venynyt lähinnä siksi, että oli ihan uskomattoman vaikeata keksiä mitä tämän päivän kynsiksi tekisi! En millään keksinyt edes mitään elokuvaa, mistä haluaisin inspiroitua tekemään kynsiä, vaikka katselenkin aika paljon elokuvia... Lopulta päätin mennä sieltä missä aita on ainakin suhteellisen matala eli tehdä jotakin melko ilmiselvää.

Varmastikaan ei tarvitsisi edes sanoa, että näihin epäonnisiin haastekynsiin inspiraatio on saatu Audrey Hepburnista ja Aamiainen Tiffanylla elokuvasta. Idea kynsiin oli ihan kiva, mutta toteutus ei sitten onnistunut ollenkaan. Tuo helminauha on kyllä kivan näköistä ja väristä, mutta eihän se meinannut taipua millään kynsille. Tuon vähän ympyrää/soikiota muistuttavan kuvion tekeminen tuolla nauhalla oli ihan yhtä tuskaa ja kaiken lisäksi omat kynnet oli näköjään liian kapoiset moiseen. Olisi alunperin pitänyt muutenkin käyttää tuon helminauhan kiinnittämiseen kynsiliimaan päällilakan sijaan. Eihän se tietenkään pysynyt päällilakan kanssa siellä minne sen asetti, kun päällilakalla ottaa tietysti aikansa kuivua. Lisäksi nuo Audrey-siirtokuvat on jotain surkeaa ebay-laatua, eli ne oli aivan liian paksut, mutta silti ruttaantuvat. Sentään China Glazen For Audrey näytti kynsillä yhtä kauniin väriseltä kuin aina ja tuon helminauhan väri sointui lakan väriin nätisti.

Kahden vuoden takaiset haastekynnet eivät nekään olleet mikään kynsitaiteen riemuvoitto, mutta silti tykkäsin niistä kuitenkin enemmän kuin tämänpäiväisistä. Miten voikaan olla niin vaikea keksiä leffainspiraatiota?! Onko teillä jotakin loistavia ideoita elokuvista, joita voisi käyttää kynsi-inspiraationa?

0 comments: