Nail Polish Battles: Zoya Channing vs. China Glaze Bend Over Backwards and Flormar JG453 vs. China Glaze Riveting

I have two Nail Polish Battles for you guys today, this time they both are with some pretty great orange polishes. But let's start with a battle between Zoya and China Glaze:

When I tried on Zoya Channing* from Zoya's fall 2013 collection, it made me immediately think of China Glaze Bend Over Backwards from China Glaze's Cirque Du Soleil 2012 collection. I compared the bottles side by side and they do look quite different in the bottles already, but I still decided to but them on nail side by side too, just to see if I needed to keep them both or if I could maybe get rid of one of the two.

So like in the bottle, on nail these two are definately not dupes. They are different colorwise and also the shimmer in them is bit different, as the shimmer in Bend Over Backwards is more fine and the shimmer in Channing is a bit more coarse. Colorwise they both have that similar type of reddish burnt orange, but the China Glaze one is more red hued and the Zoya one is more coppery. I have to say that I really like them both! The color of that China Glaze one is really gorgeous and it looks like it has some great depth in it. Then again, the Zoya one has a quite rustic feel to it and the color is really a perfect fall orange. The quality of both of these is really nice too, they both cover with just two coats. Actually, Bend Over Backwards is almost a one-coater. If I still had OPI Deutsch You Want Me Baby, I would have definately included it too to this battle, but I have already sold it quite a while ago as I thought it was too similar to Bend Over Backwards. Though those two aren't really dupes either, I just liked the color of that China Glaze one a bit better and the two were quite close, so I needed to get rid of one of the two.

Final verdict: I'm going to keep both, at least for now!

Then the next battle is between Flormar Jewel Gold JG453 and China Glaze Riveting. And yep, I totally forgot to take the bottle shot before I already sold one of these two, sorry about that! So one of these got to go, but which one?

Riveting has been pretty much my favourite orange polish since I got it as the color is soooo gorgeous and I love the shimmer! I had read that Flormar JG453 was quite similar to Riveting but that those two aren't really dupes, so when I had the chance to get it really cheaply, I decided I wanted to see myself which one I would prefer. As you can see, they really aren't dupes, but they are quite close, so if you're not a total orange polish lover that has to have every single orange shade out there, I'd say you'll only need one of these two. The China Glaze one is a tad darker and it has more shimmer in it, whereas JG453 is somewhat lighter orange with less shimmer in it. Riveting isn't the most opaque one, so you'll need three coats for full coverage, but with JG453 two coats is enough as it is more thicker. I did like them both, but like I said, I really didn't need to keep both of them as they are close enough colorwise to me. I prefer the tad darker hue in Riveting and that gorgeous shimmer too, and as it really is one of my favourite polishes of all time, the decision wasn't really too hard...

Final verdict: Riveting stayed and the Flormar one got to go.

But tell me guys, which ones did you prefer?

*I have originally gotten Zoya Channing for review, the other three polishes I have bought myself. For more information see my disclosure policy.


*****

Tänään taistoon käyvät siis kahdet erilaiset oranssiset lakkaparit. Ensimmäisenä kohtasivat Zoya Channing* ja China Glazen Bend Over Backwards. Molemmat ovat todella kauniita sävyjä ja molemmissa myös laatu on kohdillaan, peittävät kahdella kerroksella eikä minulla ole mitään valittamista levittyvyydestä tms. Molemmat ovat myös melko täydellisiä syyssävyjä, China Glazen sävy on hieman punaisempi kun taas Zoya on kuparisempi. Lakoissa myös shimmer on hieman erilaista, Chinassa se on hienompijakoista Zoyaan verrattuna. Tykkään molemmista lakoista ihan hirmuisesti, enkä millään osannut päättää kummasta voisin luopua, joten ainakin tässä kohtaa molemmat saavat jäädä kokoelmaani!

Toisessa parissa vastakkain ovat Flormarin Jewel Gold JG453 ja China Glazen Riveting. Riveting on ehdottomasti yksi suosikkilakkojani ja ehkä myös suosikkioranssini, mutta ostin Flormarin kuitenkin testiin kun halvalla sain... Näissäkin on selvä sävyero, Riveting on tummempi kuin JG453, ja lisäksi Rivetingissä on selvästi enemmän shimmeriä kuin Flormarissa. Eroa on myös peittävyydessä, Flormar on paksumpaa ja peittää kahdella kerroksella kun taas Rivetingiä saa levittää ainakin kolme kerrosta. Kuitenkin tykkään itse enemmän tuosta Rivetingin tummemmasta sävystä ja sen sisältämästä shimmeristä, joten valinta ei ollut kovin vaikea: Flormar saa lähteä.

Kertokaahan kuitenkin, että mitkä oli teidän suosikit?


*Zoyan Channing on alunperin saatu arvioitavaksi ilmaiseksi, muut kolme lakkaa olen ostanut itse.

0 comments: