#33DC - Day 14 - Abstract

 
Hiya girls and guys!  I can't believe we're already at Day 14 of the #33DC already!  This is my first challenge, and I'm really enjoying it : D  I'll be sad when it's over.  The prompt for today is Abstract.  This was one I was a little dubious about at first look, but to be honest, I think this is my fave challenge mani so far!


I decided to do an abstract foil manicure, and you can see the base I started with above.  I just applied the foil glue, and randomly applied the foils in different areas.  Then I applied more glue, and did a second random layer.  The photo above is without topcoat and the foils were really shiny.  I don't have a proper foil sealer top coat though, so my foils went a little crinkly and lost some of their shine when I top coated.  I wasn't too bothered though, as I knew I wanted to do some textured hearts in gold, blue and fuchsia over them anyway.
I painted the outlines of the hearts with acrylic paint, then applied 1 more topcoat so the black wasn't really dull.  Then I filled in the hearts with Rimmel Space Dust - Luna Love, Barry M Royal Glitter - Majesty and Seventeen Rock Hard Couture - Cameo Crush, then while that was drying, I added the borders with Rimmel 60 Seconds - Black Out and a striper brush.
I really like the way the background looks a bit like a stained glass window, and the little silver star that's just visible on the middle finger near the cuticle.  I loved everything about this mani really, even the lopsided hearts (intentional, to keep it abstract feeling, of course) ; D

0 comments: