31DC13 Day 14: Flowers

I have another challenge mani for you guys today! It's day 14 and so it was time for some flower nails. This time I decided to do this in easy way and use some water decals.

I used I Love Nail Polish Down Comforter as my base color (though you can't really see it too much, I know) and then applied those big flower decals over it. I have gotten these decals from Born Pretty Store for review and they really seemed perfect for this challenge. I have to say that I liked the look that I got with these very much!

These decals were really easy to use also. They did stick on nail quite easily, but you still had time to move them around a bit, so they didn't stick immediately to the spot you put them. They are quite long, so they'll fit nails that are longer than mine. However, I don't think my nails are particularly wide and on some nails these were almost little too narrow.

It was a little bummer that I couldn't get you any pictures of this mani in sunlight as the ILNP Down Comforter did shine a bit trough from those flowers and it gave the mani nice little sparkle.
But like I said, I really liked these very much! The pattern is really cute, the colors are great and the quality of the decals was really great too! These decals come in a set where you have exactly 10 decals, so that if you use them for a full mani, you only get one out of the set. But of course you can only use one for accent nail or something like that and then they'll last longer. The decals I have here are the number 1621 and these cost $2.86, which I'd say is a pretty fair price for such gorgeous design.

Don't forget that you can get 10% off with my code MBL91 and BPS offers free worldwide shipping! I don't gain anything if you use my code, but BPS has promised that they will sponsor a giveaway here in my blog if ten people use the code.
 


Two years ago my flowery mani for this challenge looked like this:
Back then I managed to do some free hand nail art painting, though it didn't turn out as great as I had tought in my head. You can check out the full post here.

*****

Vuorossa seuraava haastemanikyyri ja tehtävä olivat siis jonkinmoiset kukkaset. Tällä kertaa menin vähän sieltä, missä aita on matalin ja käytin tuollaisia (melkein) koko kynnen siirtokuvia, jotka olen saanut testiin Born Pretty Storelta. Manikyyristä tuli kuitenkin joka tapauksessa super nätti, tykkäsin siitä kovin! Decalien pohjalla käytin I Love Nail Polishin Down Comforter lakkaa, jonka hento holoisuus kuulti kivasti noiden kukkasten läpi varsinkin kirkkaammassa valaistuksessa, mutta sadepäivästä johtuen en valitettavasti saanut sitä taltioitua kuviin. Nuo decalitkin käyttäytyivät varsin mainiosti eikä minulla ole niistä mitään pahaa sanottavaa, itse asiassa olin hieman yllättynyt siitä kuinka vaivattomasti sain ne kynsille ja kuinka laadukkailta ne tuntuivat muutenkin! Minulla on aika kaarevat kynnet ja usein pinta-alaltaan isompien decaleiden asettelu on joteensakin haastavaa ja ne tuppaavat menemään ryttyyn, mutta näiden kanssa ei tosiaan ollut mitään ongelmia. Ainoa asia, mistä antaisin hieman miinusta oli se, että jotkin decaleista olivat melko kapoisia, joten leveämpikyntisillä voi tulla ongelmia näiden kanssa kun kuvio ikäänkuin loppuu kesken.

0 comments: