Fragrance Direct Friday

Hi everyone, we all looking forward to the weekend?  I'm not off till Monday so I'm super jealous of the rest of you!  Anyway, I'm back with the second instalment of Fragrance Direct Friday.  This is the last week that this will actually be on Friday.  From next Monday, I will be taking part in the Crumpet's Nail Tarts 33 day challenge which is Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week, so I will be doing Fragrance Direct Friday - On Saturday, until the 13th December when the challenge has finished.  I don't mind though - I'm really looking forward to my first challenge.  If there's one thing I struggle with, it's choosing from my stash, so having prompts will help with that a lot!

The polish I have to show you today is Revlon Top Speed - Mistletoe which you can find for just 99p here.  (P.S They also have the hugely popular Royal for the same price too - just follow the same link.)  I'm not sure why they gave this such a seasonal name, but personally, I don't really care what a polish is called. I just care about how it looks on the nail, after all, no-ones going to know what it's called when you wear it out. : )  This a a really beautiful dark olive green with a whole host of gold shimmer.  The photos show 2 coats.  It applies easily, covers well, and dries pretty quickly - no complaints here.
This is the kind of colour I really like, but don't really know what to do with.  I did consider pairing this with some gold stamping or studs, but I had only recently worn gold and green houndstooth nails, and wanted to do something different.  In the end I pretty much bailed out, and just did some silver stamping over it since the silver text on the bottle seemed to look pretty nice!  Does anyone else get that with certain polishes, you just find yourself at a complete loss as to what to do with it?



I wasn't overly keen on this pairing in the end, but I've never owned an olive green anything, so it's not really surprising that I was at a loss.  If anyone has any suggestions for nail art to do with this polish, I would love to hear them!

0 comments: