31DC13 Day 6: Violet Nails

I have another challenge mani for you guys today. This time it's day six and so it's time for some violet nails. This is what I came up with:
I did this watercolor nail art with Essie Nice Is Nice (two coats) as my base color and OPI Grape... Set... Match. This is also a new technique for me and I used Spektor's Nails tutorial for this. This is really a very simple nail art technique and the result is somewhat similar looking than hte result that you get with the saran wrap technique, though there are some differences in the outcome. I really like the look you can get with this and like I said, it's so simple and easy, everyone can do it!

I just recently chatted briefly about OPI Grape... Set... Match with Emma and after the conversation I just had to use the polish for a manicure. It's really gorgeous polish, one of my all time favourites, but unfortunately I have wore it only once! Can you believe that?! Yep, that's really the downside of having a large collection... I always have something else that I "need" to try out... But after using it for this mani, I really NEED to wear it as a full mani soon! Oh, by the way, can you guess when I wore it last time?!

Well, of course for this challenge two year ago!

So here's how my violet mani looked like two years ago:
You can read the full post of the mani here.

0 comments: