Nail Polish Battle: Black and White Glitter Toppers

Today I'm continuing the Nail Polish Battle series with black and white glitter topper polishes. I have total of four different polishes to compare: Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 118 and 123, L'Oreal Confettis* and Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots Chalk Dust*. You can read my first post of the series here (there's also more details about the posts there) and remember that in future you can find all the battle post under the Nail Polish Battle label.

I had already done the comparison pictures of the two Golden Roses and L'oreal Confettis before I got the Maybelline one, so this time the battle is in two parts. But let's start the fight!

So first off it's Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 118 versus L'Oreal Confettis versus Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 123. All of them have black and white glitters in them, but they all also have something extra too.
 
I have one generous coat of each polish here over Leticia Well number 426 (index and pinky: Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 118, middle: L'Oreal Confettis, ring: Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 123).  

As you can see GR JJ 118 bigger and smaller black hexes, bigger white hexes and smaller silver hexes. Golden Rose Jolly Jewels has only bigger white and black hexes with a lot of tiny silver glitter. L'Oreal Confettis has bigger and smaller white and black hexes with some tiny shimmer (that isn't really too visible on nail). So they all have some variety but they still look quite similar and I'm not sure if I'll need them all. I do like the combination of glitters in Confettis and I prefer the bigger silver glitters in GR JJ 118 over the smaller ones in GR JJ 123. For me the small silver glitters in the latter one make it look a bit messy.

Then in the second part I have Maybelline Chalk Dust with L'Oreal Confettis and Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 118. Chalk Dust looks actually quite close to Confettis at least in the bottle, except that Confettis has that shimmer in it.
 
Again I have one generous coat of each polish this time over Essie Avenue Maintain* (index and ring: Maybelline Chalk Dust, middle: L'Oreal Confettis, pinky: Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 118).

As you can see, Chalk Dust has way more glitter in it than L'Oreal Confettis and it also has three different sizes of those black and white hexes. It's also the only one of all these four that doesn't have anything else than black and white glitters in it. Here it becomes a bit tricky as I do love all these three and to me they are different enough, so I feel like I should keep all three, at least for now.

Here's close-up bottle shots of all four polishes:

Final verdict: Golden Rose Jolly Jewels 123 leaves and the other three can stay.
(Actually, I already got rid of GR JJ 123 before I even got Chalk Dust, so that's why I had to have this battle in two parts... :))

Which one did you prefer?


*I have gotten L'Oreal Confettis, Maybelline Chalk Dust and Essie Avenue Maintain originally for review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: