My Very First Ones

A while ago in a Finnish nailart Facebook group people were talking about their very first OPI polishes and it was really interesting to read what colors everyone had chosen as their first OPI ever. That got me thinking about my first OPI and of course some other first polishes from other brands. Interestingly enough I seemed to still own pretty much all of those first ones, so I thought I would do I fun little look back post about my very first ones. I chose here only the most popular brands or the brands that I have or have had the most polishes from. I also have to say that eventhough I do have quite a good memory, I had to use the blog as back up when I tried to remember which ones were really the first ones. But that's really the fun thing about keeping a blog as it enables an easy way to look back.

My very first OPI is Kinky in Helsinki which I bought (like you would probably imagine) because of the name. It is a quite pretty color too, but not really a unique one, but for a Finnish girl it's really special because of the name. I have worn this only ones though, which is probably just because the color isn't that unique and there has always been some other pink one in my stash that I neede to try out or something. So I should really wear this again soon! I think I bought this somewhere in the early 2010.

My very first China Glaze is called Pure Elegance and it's actually the oldest one of all these polishes here. As you can see, I have used it quite many times and it's almost half gone. However, lately I haven't really used it as it isn't the best polish formula or quality-wise, but it of course has a special meaning to me as it is my first 'brand' polish. I bought this one in 2009.

I went quite long without trying any Zoya polishes as they were so hard to get here in Finland. Then in 2011 I bought few Zoyas from a blog sale and among them was Nidhi. I chose it here as it was the first one that I ever tried on. It's a really gorgeous polish and one of my all time favourite red ones. It also made me fell in love with the brand and after Nidhi I just had to have more and more Zoyas, and well, now it's probably my favourite brand of all. I have only worn Nidhi twice which is a bit shame as it is soooo gorgeous.
 
I also bought my first Color Club in 2010 and Fashion Addict was the first one that I tried out of those. It's actually the only one that I have left of the ones that I bought then. I have had quite a few of Color Club polishes over the years (actually I counted 38) but currently I have only 12 in my stash and those are all (except maybe one) ones that I'm going to keep. So I have tried quite a few of Color Club polishes but it hasn't been my favourite brand and I feel like there's always some other brand that has the similar polish with better quality, color or formula. So I usually choose to have something else than Color Club. I think it might have also something to do with the brush as I don't like it as much as I like some other brushes. But Fashion Addict is a really gorgeous subtle holo. It isn't the most unique one either but I have still kept it as I haven't had anything else that would have had the exact same color. 

Essie Demure Vixen is one of those polishes that I just had to get because I kept seeing so many great swatches of it. This I got in October 2010 and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit but I think I've only worn it once! I have to fix that as soon as possible as this is a really gorgeous one! For quite a while I only had something like five Essie polishes in my stash as they have been a bit more expensive and the colors haven't always been the most interesting ones. This year Essie has made some really awesome collections and now I have over 30 Essies in my stash. It has also become one of maybe favourite brands, I'd probably say it's the second favourite after Zoya (of course with the wider brush).

I bought Orly Lollipop and also Gumdrop in the summer of 2010 and they are both from Orly's spring 2010 collection. Gumdrop wasn't really my color and it has been long gone, but I still have Lollipop and I've used for several different manis. The formula of Lollipop isn't the best one out there, but the color is really pretty, so I have kept it. I think I need to compare it with some other polishes that I have gotten lately and see if I'm still going to want to keep it. It came with that little lip gloss, but that one I haven't tried... :D
Misa Genie in This Bottle is one of my all time favourite polishes, the color is sooooo pretty! This isn't actually my very first Misa as I had two before this one (It's You! and Date Nights to the Twilight) but I don't have neither one of those two anymore, so I included GiTB here as I wanted to have a Misa polish here too. Misa is really a great brand though I only have few of these in my stash. They have done couple of really great colors that have gone directly to my favourite polishes list, but somehow I just haven't bought more of these. This one I got in 2011, the two before that were bought in 2010.

Last but not least I wanted to include also an a-england polish here as I do have quite a few of these in my stash. Tristam and Lady of the Lake were the first a-england polishes in my stash and I do have both of them still. I have worn Tristam twice and Lady of the Lake too, but I still haven't posted about LotL... Shame on me! a-england is definately one of my favourite brands too, the quality is always soooo great and the colors are really awesome! I bought my first a-englands in the summer of 2011.


So tell me guys, which ones were your very first ones?

0 comments: