Essie Neons 2013 Skittle Gradient

I already showed you my swatches and review of the newest neon collection by Essie*, but I also wanted to combine some of the colors together as I thought they looked quite nice side by side. Finally, I decided to do a skittle gradient with all the polishes from the collection.

The colors are really bright and fun, so the mani turned out to be a really summery one. Pretty much all the polishes went nicely together, the only nail that didn't turn out so great was my index.
 
Like I said, I used all the six of the Essie Neon 2013 collection polishes for this mani. The neon polishes are a bit sheer, so I had to do couple of coats of each, but I also used Essie Blanc* under the gradient to make the colors pop out. I wanted to add some sparkle too, so I topped this with China Glaze Fairy Dust.

I tried very hard to pose in a way that you could also see my thumb, but this position felt really awkward. But I had to include the thumb in some of the pics as it is an important part of the mani too!


As the posing with the thumb didn't work out too great, I did this really awesome (lol) collage for you guys so that you could maybe see all the fingers better...
thumb: Bouncer It's Me and Shake Your $$ Maker
index: Shake Your $$ Maker and Saturday Disco Fever
middle: Saturday Disco Fever and Bottle Service
ring: Bottle Service and DJ Play That Song
pinky: DJ Play That Song and Boom Boom Room
 (all with base coat and two coats of Essie Blanc under the gradient and China Glaze Fairy Dust and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri on top)


*All the Essie polishes used for this mani were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: