Water Marbling with Essie Summer 2013 Polishes

I haven't done water marbling for a while so I decided it was time to try it out again since I quite like it!
I got three Essie Summer 2013 collection polishes to try from L'Oreal Finland (Rock The Boat, Full Steam Ahead and The Girls Are Out) and I thought I should try out how those would work for water marbling, so I used the first two of those polishes for this water marbling. I also bought one polish myself that I didn't get for review, the namesake of the collection Naughty Nautical, and I also used that one for this water marbling.

I started the whole mani with base coat and with two coats of China Glaze White Out as I always do with water marbling. The white base makes the colors that you use for the marbling itself really pop out more. Then I did the water marbling with the Essie polishes and after it was finished I topped the whole mani with China Glaze Fairy Dust and some quick drying top coat.
 
I didn't have any nail polish bottles on hand when I took the pictures, so I went outside and played with some plants and stuff. I kinda wish that I had the opportunity to take pictures with flowers and such more often, but I live pretty much in the centre of my town, so I think people would think I was insane or something if they'd see me taking pictures outside... Though the city where I live in isn't really that big, but anyhow. This time I was at my bf's summer cottage, so I had the perfect opportunity to go outside.

I really like how this water marbling turned out and the Essie polishes worked quite nicely, though they aren't probably the best ones out there water marbling. But the colors worked really nicely together too.


Here are all the polishes that I used for this:
From left to right: Mereneid Base Coat - Ridgefiller Rose**, China Glaze White Out, Essie Naughty Nautical, Essie Rock The Boat*, Essie Full Steam Ahead*, China Glaze Fairy Dust, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri


*Essie Rock The Boat and Full Steam Ahead were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.
**I got Mereneid Base Coat - Ridgefiller Rose from the goodie bag from our meeting.

0 comments: