Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots


I have Maybelline ColorShow Polka Dots collection* to show you guys today! I was planing on buyin at least one or two of these on my own, but then I got them all for a review from L'Oreal Finland, so it was good coincidence that I didn't manage to find these before that. These are in the stores now and the collection is going to be out there for a limited time, so if you want some, you should hurry before they are gone! 

I have quite a few of pictures of these to show you, so let's get to it, shall we?!


So the first one is called Chalk Dust and I have one coat here over Essie Avenue Maintain*. Chalk Dust has different sizes of black and white glitter in clear base and it's actually the only one in this collection with clear base. It's really pretty black and white topper, so if you don't already own one, this is a really good alternative!
 
I already have couple different black and white toppers, but this is once again a bit different, so I think there's still room in my stash for this one. I love the mix of all the different sizes in this one and I'm sure I will have plenty of use for it!
 

Next one is Speckled Pink and I have three coats here with top coat (no base coat). Speckled pink has also (like all the others in this collection) different sizes of black and white glitter, this time in pink jelly base. This was a bit weird one as it looks way more blue based in the bottle, but when layered on nail, it seems to be quite warm pink.
 
It is really a fun one, but somehow this wasn't really my color. Maybe I would like this one better as an accent nail or something like that..?
 

The third one is called Rain Forest Canopy and I have three coats here with top coat (no base coat). This one has the same glitter in green base that Maybelline describes as emerald.
 
If the pink one wasn't really my kind of color, this isn't either eventhough lately I've been really loving green polishes. Somehow this reminded me of camoflage coloring and that isn't really something I'd be into, so I think that's the reason I didn't like this one as much as I though I would. But then again, if you love green and camoflage nail art, this would probably be perfect for you!
 


I saved the best for last as this one was really my absolute favourite! Well, I also of course loved Chalk Dust, but anyhow... This one is called Shooting Stars and I have three coats here with top coat (no base coat). I really love the deep blue jelly base that this one has and the combination of the base color and the glitters.
 
I love the name of this one too, though I'm not really sure if it describes this polish too well... I think this reminds me of the sea more than the sky... Oh well, it's a really gorgeous one and that's all that matters!
 

So, like I said, my favourite ones were definately Shooting Stars and Chalk Dust. If you just want to buy one polish from this collection, I'd go with Chalk Dust just because you can use it pretty much with everything!

There seems to be different versions of this collection out there and the colors and the names vary depending on the country. I would have really loved to have some of the colors that the USA version of this collection seems to have (you can see it for example here), but then again, the colors that I got were also really pretty and the collection works with these colors too.

Which one was your favourite? 


*All the polishes in this post were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: