KBShimmer Lottie Dottie, Orange Pop and Diva

I have three KBShimmer polishes to show you guys today, one is from their spring 2013 collection and the other two are older ones.

First off is the newest one of these three called Lottie Dottie. This was on my wishlist for quite a while and when it was finally in stock at Harlow & Co. I had to make an order and grap it. It looks like such a fun polish in the bottle and I do love those round glitters, but somehow I didn't enjoy this one like I thought I would. I have three coats here in the pics and I guess I should have maybe layered it over white or something to avoid that thick layer of nail polish, because this one was a bit on the thick side.
 
Maybe it's also those little bar glitters that bug me, there isn't really too many of them and I thought they wouldn't bother me, but somehow they make the polish look a bit messy for me... Oh well, this one wasn't just for me I guess.

The next one is called Orange Pop and I have three coats here also, no base or top coat. I don't quite know what to say about this one. This was also a bit like Lottie Dottie, I thought I would love it but I didn't really enjoy this too much. I do love orange polishes and the orange color of this one is really awesome, but the color and mixture of the glitters doesn't really go that well with the base color to me. 
 
So the colors in this one were just a bit too much for me. I might have liked this more if I had just used it as an accent nail or just for some part of the mani, but as a whole mani it was just too much. However, the formula of this one was quite nice and it went on pretty effortlessly.
 
The last one is the one that I liked the most of these three, but I managed to take the worst pictures of it, so it doesn't look that good here.. Anyhow, this is Diva and it's again three coats, no base or top coat. This one would also look better layered over some purple polish because the base is quite sheer so if you layer it over itself you end up with a quite thick layer of glitter.
 
But this is a really gorgeous purple and I enjoyed this one very much! This is quite an old one and it seems that at least Harlow & Co. doesn't sell this color anymore and I din't find it from KBShimmer own store either, so I guess it's no longer available. I'm really glad I have it, but next time I'm gonna wear it over some other polish to make it look even better.

0 comments: