a-england Order of the Garter

I have a really amazing blue polish to show you guys today!

I got this a-england Order of the Garter* to try from Adenina (the links are not affiliated links, they are just here to for your convenience) and I used it as a base color for this mani. I know I've said before that I'm not that into blue polishes, but lately I've been really loving some blue (and green) lacquers and this on is no exception! It is just soooo gorgeous blue!
 
For this mani I used two coats of Order of the Garter and then I did a glitter gradient to the base of the nails with Shimmer Polish Sarah* and over that I placed some water decals that are also from Adenina, but I got them with one of my previous orders.

I really liked how this mani looks, Order of the Garter is so amazing and it worked really great as a base color for the mani. Also Sarah and the water decals were a really nice combination with Order of the Garter.

I of course had to take some pics of Order of the Garter alone as it is such a beautiful polish. As I said, I used two coat here, but maybe third one wouldn't hurt if you are only going to wear the polish alone. I knew I was going to decorate the mani somehow, so I thought two coats were enough. The formula of this was really nice, as with all the a-england polishes that I have. I have already quite a few of a-england polishes and I have to say that it's for sure one of my favourite brands out there! The quality is always great with these polishes and I also really like the colors too, quite a few of a-england polishes are my all time favourite ones. So if you're not familiar with the brand or haven't tried these out yet, you really should! 

Actually, now, with the addition of this Order of the Garter to my stash, I have all but one of the polishes of a-england The Legend collection. The only one that I don't already have is Bridal Veil and it's certainly on the top of my wishlist, so I think I need to get that one pretty soon too. I also have couple polishes from The Mythicals collection that I would also like to have, so I might need to make an order to Adenina at some point...

Funny thing, you want to hear what Order of the Garter is in Finnish?! At least according to Wikipedia, it's Sukkanauharitarikunta. That's a mouthful right?! It would be quite funny to hear someone who doesn't speak Finnish saying that...

I also wanted to show you a pic with Order of the Garter and the gradient with Sarah alone, because that was quite a pretty look too!


*The polishes in this post were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.
 

On an unrelated note, I'm having some serious computer problems and I'm actually writing this post with a really old laptop, because the newer one that I usually use decided not to work anymore.. I can't get it even to start and of course I had several edited nail pictures and such there, that are now pretty much gone... I'm usually quite good at doing back ups of all the files, but somehow I haven't done them from my nail pictures. They keep coming and going so fast, so I've felt like it wasn't necessary, but I still should have done them, because now I lost quite many pictures of some really nice manis.. Oh well, I'm still hoping for some miracle to happen, so that the laptop would work, but I think that's not gonna happen. I just hope that the pictures here aren't too bad, because the screen of this old one isn't the greatest so it's hard to see if the colors are right and all, but for a while at least I will probably have to just try to work with this old one.

0 comments: