Essie Madison Ave-hue Spring 2013 Collection



I already showed you the cutest box of Essie Spring 2013 Collection that L'Oreal Finland sent me to try, but here comes swatches of all the polishes!

Essie's spring collection is called Madison Ave-hue and it includes six colors that are inspired by greatest shopping destinations around the world: New York, London, Paris, Munich, Tokyo and Rio.

All of my swatches have two coats without base or top coat (except the last one, Hip-Anema, as I wore it as a full mani) and I have to say that these were very easy to apply. We have a wider brush here in Finland in Essie polishes than the one for example in those polishes that I've ordered online from USA. (I think they have change the brush in USA too, but ours is still wider.) It's almost like OPI's Pro Wide brush, except the sides of the brush are rounded, so it makes the applying of the polish very effortless and you need to do only little or sometimes no cleaning up afterwards. 




So first off is the namesake of the collection, Madison Ave-hue, gorgeous pink with silver glitter. I'm not entirely sure if I can pull a pink like this off, but the silver flecks make this polish so pretty that I still want to wear it.
 


Next one is this delicate polish called Go Ginza that Essie describes appropriately soft cherry blossom pink. This was really a surprise favourite of mine! Usually with colors like this you have to use at least three coats to get them even out, but this was pretty good with just two coats. It's probably partly due to the brush too as it makes the applying of the the polish so easy. Anyhow, I really loved the color and I will certainly wear it as a full manicure soon!
  


This awesome Parisian blue is called Avenue Maintain and to great surprise to myself, I really loved this one too! I was so sure that this wouldn't look good on me, but it's so bright and fun color, that I just couldn't dislike it. This was also my boyfriends favourite color from these six, but that's probably no surprise as he always likes the blue ones.



Next one is this pretty lilac called Bond With Whomever, that could have maybe needed a third coat, but it was still pretty good with only two coats. I don't know if this is the best match with my skintone, but I will still wear it, because the color is so pretty.
 


This next one is this really cool grey green called Maximillian Strasse Her. This was another favourite of mine and really unique to my stash. I have greens and I have greys, but I don't have anything like this one! It is also a polish that to my suits well to the spring time, but it will also look great in fall too. I'll definately be wearing this one a lot!
 


And then the last one is this fun and bright red called Hip-Anema, that Essie describes as poppy-bright red orange. I'd say this is pretty much the color of fire truck and it's so bright that my camera got spooked and I have only this one decent picture of the polish alone. However, I wore this one as a full mani, because I was feeling like I needed to wear something bright, so here I have it with some water decals:

The decals are from Adenina and I got them as I gift when I ordered some polishes from there. 


*The products in this post were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: