Disney Challenge: The Little Mermaid

Welcome to The Little Mermaid post of the Disney Challenge. I've done character nails so far, so I decided to try something different. Instead of more character nails I did an underwater scene.

Disney Challenge The Little Mermaid nails nail art Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer underwater water sea ocean coral seaweed ProfessionalDQ bubbles sand freehand sponging Sinful Colors Cinderella

I actually did these nails once before, about two years ago, for an underwater themed birthday party. I followed a YouTube video tutorial by ProfessionalDQ then but couldn't find it again this time. So, I took some liberties and did a little bit of my own thing.

I started with a base of two coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella (wrong princess, but the perfect color for water). Then I used a tiny piece of makeup sponge and a pair of tweezers to dab on Savvy Totally Teal, Petites Color Fever Figi, and the one that created most of the awesome shimmer  you see (the mostly sheer but ultra shimmery) Scherer Chameleon Mist. I want to try a nail with just these blues. They are so stunning and shimmery together!

I let the blue dry before dabbing 'sand' using Sally Hansen Lightening and very lightly dabbing on Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty, Funky Fingers Platinum Record, and Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold to add some depth and graininess.

I didn't have the exact shade I wanted for the seaweed so I added some white to China Glaze Holly-Day, lightening it until it was what I wanted. The white of the bubbles is LA Colors Energy Source, the red seaweed/coral is Wet n Wild I Read a Good Book, the orange coral is Wet n Wild Club Havana and then I added a bit of shadow by mixing Club Havana with China Glaze Desert Sun. The starfish are created with Revlon Enchanting.

I think that's it. I used a ton of colors to create this but it was actually much easier than I thought. It dried quickly too though that might have something to do with my Seche Vite top coat and the way I fought my instincts and kept my coats extra thin.

Disney Challenge The Little Mermaid nails nail art Spellbound Nails Nail Lacquer underwater water sea ocean coral seaweed ProfessionalDQ bubbles sand freehand sponging Sinful Colors Cinderella

Next up in this challenge: Beauty and the Beast.

Until then look forward to the next era in the Time Periods Challenge: Ancient Rome coming Wednesday.

0 comments: