BK Super Matte Surface Oil

Like I told you before, I got two products from Born Pretty Store for a review and I already posted about those nail studs (here), so here comes the review of BK Super Matte Surface Oil that I chose to review along with those studs.


Despite of that little bit strange name, this is a regular matte top coat that you can use over any polish to make it matte. This comes in a round bottle and it has 15 ml (0.5 fl oz) in it. The brush is pretty regular one and it's quite easy to use.

I've been looking for a good matte top coat after my China Glaze Matte Magic became too thick to use, so I wanted to give this one a try. I've tried couple cheaper options that can be bought from the stores here in Finland (Flormar for example), but those didn't really do anything for me and the effect was too weak. I liked the China Glaze one, but it comes in a tinier bottle and like I said, it became too thick to use, so I wanted to try something else. I also don't want to pay too much for a matte top coat as I don't use them that often and I feel like it doesn't really matter which brand it is if it works. 


I wasn't expecting too much from this after I had tried some other cheaper stuff, but I have to say that this really works nicely!
Here I have applied the matte top coat over my index and ring fingers nails and the other two have only the polish on them (the polish is Donegal Beauty Shine one). I really like the effect that this top coat does, it makes the polish under it properly matte, but it still doesn't make the polish too dull. It also seems to dry really quickly. The only complaint that I have is the smell, it is quite strong and pretty bad too, but thankfully it doesn't stay in the air too long.

I have here also couple of my recent manis with this matte top coat:
This is Shimmer Polish Mary with the matte top coat. You can check out the shiny version of this mani here.

This is another Shimmer Polish called Candace with the top coat. If you want to see the shiny version, go here.
 
And lastly, this is KBShimmer Iris My Case with the top coat. I posted the shiny version of this mani yesterday, here.

This matte top coat costs $4.36 at BPS. They have free shipping worldwide and don't forget you can get 10% off everythig with my code:


*Some of the products in this post were sent for me to review, for more information see my disclosure policy.

0 comments: