China Glaze Get Carried Away

Today I have one polish for you guys that clearly wasn't made for me...

So this is China Glaze Get Carried Away (one coat) over Essence Berlin Story and China Glaze Bend Over Backwards (on my ring finger). I ordered this when there still wasn't too many swatched of China Glaze Cirque Du Soleil collection (from which this polish is from) and I clearly should have waited to see some better pics of this first as this really isn't my cup of tea. First of all, I'm not the biggest fan of bar glitter, but I thought that it could work with this as in some polishes it is quite ok. Well, it doesn't. Also, I really don't know what I should have layered this with as it clearly didn't work with black or red. Black makes some of the glitters disappear and over red it just looks silly and dirty to me. It was ok over black and seen some decent looking manis with GCA and black, but for me it also takes something away from the polish as then you can't see the black glitters at all. And over red it was really a disaster as the base is not clear but somewhat black, so it makes the red look dirty and it was impossible to get it evenly, so it looks weird. I was also a bit sad that I ruined the color of Bend Over Backwards as it was soooo pretty alone. I will definately wear that alone soon!

I know there are probably many who love this polish, but this just wasn't for me at all. So yeah, I already got rid of it and it found a more loving home...

Nail Tek Foundation II
Essence Berlin Story 2 coats
China Glaze Bend Over Backwards 2 coats (ring finger)
China Glaze Get Carried Away 1 coat
Essence Gel-look Topcoat

0 comments: