Tinsel Town — Read My Palm

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great first 2013 weekend. As for me, I've been doing some swatching. I eyed, hemming and hawing, over the Sephora by OPI Tinsel Town Collection for weeks and weeks before I finally broke down and bought it. This collection was actually part of a Christmas gift for myself, and I'm happy to finally be able to start swatching.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

I started with the one that caught my eye first, a gorgeous mint named Read My Palm. I love mint polish!!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

As far as mint polishes go this is one of the better ones I've found. It went on fairly smoothly, though I did find the formula a smidgen too watery. You can see one coat of Read My Palm here. It's slightly streaky and patchy, but covers well for only one coat.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

Two coats fills everything in and leaves behind a nice finish.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

Look how smooth and shiny this polish is with two coats and no top coat!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

Want to know how Read My Palm holds up to my two favorite mints? Read My Palm is on my index and pinky nail while my middle nail has Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet and my ring nail is painted with Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Sephora OPI Tinsel Town Collection Read My Palm mint light jade green swatch swatched swatching Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet chocolate chip ice cream creme Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint ombre comparison mints bubblegum wintergreen haul

Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet is what I think of when I think mint. It reminds me of mint chocolate chip ice cream and is the perfect mint green in my opinion. Wet n Wild I Need A Refresh-Mint is the complete opposite. It's the perfect cool and refreshing minty blue of wintergreen gum. It's also the color I turn to when I need a sky blue color. As you can see, Read My Palm is leaning heavily on green and is a much darker shade than Mint Sorbet. It's been labeled a light jade green, and I can definitely see that. I think I might just have the perfect ombre shades here.


Color: Mint green with a definite lean towards green. A light jade green.
Finish: Creme
Application: I found the formula slightly watery. One coat went on streaky and patchy but built up nicely with no streaking. The dry time was amazing!
Coats to Opaque: 2
My Rating: 4.5 — if it lost the slightly watery quality it might just have tipped into a 5. I love mint shades and this is the perfect addition to my collection.

0 comments: