Influenster Holiday VoxBox — Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal+

I had a horribly hectic weekend. Those of you who follow me on my Facebook Page know that I had a wedding to go to this weekend. Yes, my oldest niece is now married. Boy, does that make me feel old! She had one of the most beautiful dresses, and she looked so happy. On top of that, it didn't rain, snow, sleet or anything else, so I don't think it could have gone better for her with a January wedding.

Getting ready in the morning was insane! While rushing around the house trying to get my hair fixed, my dress zipped up the back, and wrestling my pantyhose on ... food was the last thought on my mind; I didn't get to eat breakfast ... or even lunch. Honestly, it all had me wishing I had a cup of Quaker Real Medleys just so I could have a quick, easy, and filling meal. Sadly, I ate the oatmeal the day my Influenster Holiday VoxBox came in the mail.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Influenster Holiday VoxBox product review Quaker Real Medleys Medley Apple Walnut oatmeal apples cranberries wanuts whole grain multigrain multi grain healthy snack breakfast calories sugar low

I received the Apple Walnut Real Medleys in my VoxBox. The front of the cup tells me it has sweet apples, tart cranberries and chopped walnuts along with multigrain oatmeal.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Influenster Holiday VoxBox product review Quaker Real Medleys Medley Apple Walnut oatmeal apples cranberries wanuts whole grain multigrain multi grain healthy snack breakfast calories sugar low

Looking at the ingredients tells me that that is not a lie. I was very happy to see that the first ingredients are whole grain oats and a multi grain blend for that extra healthy touch. After that is apples, cranberries, and walnuts. You don't see that often. Usually things like that are added last, after all sorts of preservatives and additives, so applause Quaker for being real!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Influenster Holiday VoxBox product review Quaker Real Medleys Medley Apple Walnut oatmeal apples cranberries wanuts whole grain multigrain multi grain healthy snack breakfast calories sugar low

The nutrition facts make me cringe a little. The calories are actually great for such a quick breakfast. Compared to the usual quick breakfast foods this is a godsend. The sugar is a bit higher than some of the ultra sweet cereals (usually ~15-20g) but compared to the doughnuts and cookies (most over 50g!) a lot of us reach for in the morning rush it's a perfect exchange! I've been using Weight Watchers for about two years now, so everything gets changed over into points for me, and I tend to base my eating choices on that number. With that in mind, I went ahead and entered the info. I got 8 points for Apple Walnut Real Medleys. That's definitely in the range of what I try to keep my breakfasts at. It's certainly better than using all my points on doughnuts and cookies for breakfast.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Influenster Holiday VoxBox product review Quaker Real Medleys Medley Apple Walnut oatmeal apples cranberries wanuts whole grain multigrain multi grain healthy snack breakfast calories sugar low

So, deciding that it's a good breakfast choice means it's time to actually make it. The directions read a bit like cup ramen. Pour in hot water to the line, put the top back on, and let it sit for three minutes. This would give you enough time in the morning rush to gather up your purse and coat, put the finishing touches on your makeup, or even just grab it and go - letting it sit as you make the drive to work. The only thing you need is a spoon; can't forget that! You can also use the microwave for even quicker cooking.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Influenster Holiday VoxBox product review Quaker Real Medleys Medley Apple Walnut oatmeal apples cranberries wanuts whole grain multigrain multi grain healthy snack breakfast calories sugar low

It looks so yummy once it's done. I used the exact amount of water called for, let it sit, and gave it a good stir. I know others who reviewed their Real Medleys said it was runny, but I had no problems with this. It was thick with just the right amount of creamy. At first taste, it was oatmeal. What is there to really say about oatmeal? It's pretty tasteless, and again, other reviewers said it was much too sweet. I didn't find it sweet at all! I actually added a scoop of sugar and some milk to sweeten and thin it some more after pictures. As for the walnuts ... I'm actually not a fan of nuts (unless it's almonds) so I could have done without the walnuts ... but I have to admit they weren't bad. Eating this, I was really reminded of Autumn with the apples and cinnamon and Christmas with the cranberries and walnuts. It was the perfect blend ... homey and comforting. It also kept me full past lunch; full enough that I only had a mid-sized snack between lunch and dinner.

Quaker Real Medleys comes in not just Apple Walnut but also Cherry Pistachio, Peach Almond, and Summer Berry which contains strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Personally, I'm really looking forward to trying the Peach Almond Real Medleys. Quaker Real Medleys retail for about $1.79 per cup. Much cheaper, and healthier, than a fast food drive through!

*All products were sent to me for testing purposes, completely complimentary, from Influenster. All photos and opinions are my own.

0 comments: