L is for ...

It's Wednesday again, and you know what that means—another ABC Challenge mani.

L is for ... Lemur Catta aka the Ring-Tailed Lemur!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge hand drawn painted L is for Lemur Catta Ring Tailed Ring-Tailed animals primate tail stripes black white green gold orange

I think lemurs are some of the most adorably weird creatures. I think of them as a combination of a koala, a cat, and a dog. Yes, that's silly of me. But they have the furry fluffy coloring of a koala, the slinky graceful body of a cat complete with long twitchy tail and there's something oddly reminiscent of a dog in their face. I think it's the long muzzle-like nose and the big expressive eyes. Look through some pics of ring-tailed lemurs and tell me I'm not right!


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge hand drawn painted L is for Lemur Catta Ring Tailed Ring-Tailed animals primate tail stripes black white green gold orange

I decided on a green background for these nails. When a lemur isn't in the trees, they're usually bouncing around in the grass. Green seemed like a good idea. I used two coats of Sinful Colors Exotic Green then mixed it with a little white and used my eyeshadow applicator to dab on the lighter green. You know how I love my texturing. :) The rest, lemur face and tail, were all hand drawn.

0 comments: