Nail-Aween Matte Dotticure

Sorry this is a bit late. It was supposed to be up Friday. There were two manicures in the Nail-Aween Challenge that I was least looking forward to and they were the water marble and the matte dotticure. Personally, I'm just not fond of matte dotticures. I love bright colors and flashy nail art. I managed to get a bright color but it's certainly not flashy nail art.


nails nail art nailart manicure mani Spellbound Nail-Aween Halloween Matte Dots Dotticure New York Color NYC red orange Challenge

This is New York Color's Spring Street and it's one of those really hard colors to photograph, but I think I managed somewhat well. Spring Street is an orange-red that leans orange in person but instantly turns red on camera. Between the bottle and the color on my nails you should have some idea of what this color looks like.


nails nail art nailart manicure mani Spellbound Nail-Aween Halloween Matte Dots Dotticure New York Color NYC red orange Challenge

No matter how much or how little I like this color it is something truly amazing when turned matte. I did three layers of Spring Street. Two would have worked but I wanted a perfectly smooth surface. As anyone who has used matte before can tell you it chips easily and quickly so I always do a coat of my usual top coat before using my matte top coat. I've never had any problems so far so it must work pretty well. Once the matte top coat was completely dry I was stunned by how rubber my nails looked. This picture does them no justice!


nails nail art nailart manicure mani Spellbound Nail-Aween Halloween Matte Dots Dotticure New York Color NYC red orange Challenge

After the matte top coat dried all that was needed was some dots. Really, what can you do with a matte dotticure? There are only so many combination of dots you can do without it looking crowded. I went with a row of medium sized dot right up the middle.

Honestly, I'm happy to be through with this manicure. But I'll let you in on a secret ... the next one in the Nail-Aween Challenge is going to be awesome!!!

I forgot to add this in my last post. Here's a list of the other artists taking part in this challenge. Go check them out, give them some love. 



0 comments: