Sunset/ Fall gradient nails with Kleancolor Chunky Holo Candy


Hello everyone!

Sunset/ Fall gradient

I finally felt like wearing bright colors. I hardly did that this summer. And now when it's getting colder, I felt that everyone would stare at my very bright colored sunset nails. But when I went for a walk to take some photos of them, I looked at the leafs, and suddenly realized that my nails were more like a fall camouflage!




Sunset/ Fall gradient


Sunset/ Fall gradient
Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

Sunset/ Fall gradient

To make this manicure I used:

IsaDora: #03 Champagne Sorbet
M&M: Yellow (from a mini set) -yellow creme
GOSH: #570 Peachy- orange creme
GOSH: #598 Bubble Gum- pink creme
GOSH: #610 Blissful- red/ dark pink creme
Kleancolor: #228 Chunky Holo Candy
base- and top coats
a sponge
a toothpick
Used for Sunset/ Fall gradient
What I did:

I felt that two coats of the IsaDora didn't give the right base for this, so I covered it with the yellow. Then I used the yellow, orange, pink and red nail polish to make a gradient with the sponge. I used the toothpick to mix the colors on a piece of plastic, like The Nailasaurus shows in this tutorial. The pink was only used to mix with the red. I used the sponge in different ways until I felt that it was good enough.

Making of Sunset/ Fall gradient


Then I applied one coat  of the Kleancolor polish, to even the colors, to add more of the pink- coral color, and glitter. (I think I learned that from a YouTube video.)

I think I used way too much polish, and therefor I used both of my fast drying top coats: L.A.Color (Rapid Dry) and Cult Nails (Wicked Fast). I made one gradient before this one. And that one got ruined after 30 min. when I had to do the dishes, even though I used gloves. So that's why. What I did then, that I didn't do now, was to add a top coat before the glitter. I think that would have evened out the colors even more. I included one photo of my first attempt, because it shows the transformation of the Kleancolor polish so well:

Making of the first Sunset/ Fall gradient
Above you see the effect of one coat on the two fingers to the right. And below is the finished second attempt again.

Sunset/ Fall gradient nails with Kleancolor #228 Chunky HoloCandy


About the sponge:

I have seen that most of you use a makeup sponge. This is a car sponge. :-) My friend gave me his two backup car sponges to use for nail art. He is so kind. I cut off a piece of the sponge, and it worked well. And next time I use it, I just cut off the part with dry nail polish. But if I was making a gradient that I wasn't going to cover with glitter, a finer sponge would possibly have been better.

Making of Sunset/ Fall gradient


This gradient was meant to be the base for my Hawaii nails, but I liked it so much that I wore it like this for many days before I started stamping on them. This manicure by Susy in Color, that again was inspired by this manicure by Pshiiit was my main inspiration.

Lani

0 comments: