B is for ...

I stumbled across the ABC Challenge last week and decided I wanted to take part. This is my first challenge like this since I usually come in way, way too late.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Llama challenge

The ABC's of Nail Polish is pretty much exactly what it sounds like — an ABC nail art challenge hosted by the Llama Nails group on Facebook. The challenge started September 12th and will run through to March 6th. 26 weeks for 26 letters. Posting is every Wednesday. You only need to do one manicure a week and it's okay if you miss a week. However, the big rule is that, each week, something in your manicure must begin with the letter for that week. It can be the name of the polish brand you'll be using, the name of the polish itself, the technique, the stamp, the color, the item depicted on your nails ... really the sky is the limit!

I would love it if any other nail artists or enthusiasts joined me for this challenge!!

I missed the letter A since I came in late for this challenge. I wanted to make up for that by doing two B manicures. So ...

B is for Beard


nails nail art nailart mani manicure Spellbound ABC challenge Santa B beard French Tips cotton ball Christmas

This beard mani is something I've been wanting to do for a really long time. However, it's not something I could wear anywhere ... even just around the house. It's very impractical! This challenge gave me the perfect chance to do this idea though. I made the beard, mustache, and bushy eyebrows from a cotton ball and attached them with clear nail polish. Oddly enough, the face was added after all the hair.

B is for Bricks



nails nailart nail art mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge B Bricks Christmas red white lines sponging sponged sponge

Somehow this all turned into a really Christmas-y mani set. I think after doing the beard mani and seeing how much like Santa it looked like all I could think of after that was the old fashioned brick fireplaces. I can just see an accent finger with a roaring fire cut into the bricks. Still, these brick nails were really fun to do. You can't see it in this picture but I sponged on a darker red in hopes of getting a speckled brick pattern but once I added the white it kind of got lost. Oh well.

That's it for this post. I hope to see you in the Llama Nails group doing the challenge beside me. :) Be on the lookout for my C mani in my next post.

0 comments: