On Safari: Kalahari Kiss

Wow! This is my 100th post according to Blogger ... and it is so late! I'm really sorry about that but vacation is coming at a fast clip and I spent all weekend doing some last minute shopping. More on that later. For now, onto the post!


On Safari China Glaze collection khaki color nail polish nailart nails art tribal leopard print Spellbound swatch

This is Kalahari Kiss, another from China Glaze's On Safari collection. I really didn't expect to like this as much as I did. I really didn't expect to like this collection as much as I do! When I first picked up Kalahari Kiss I thought it might pass as a twin of Revlon's Bare Bones but it is far from the shade of Bare Bones.


On Safari China Glaze collection khaki color nail polish nailart nails art tribal leopard print Spellbound swatch

Kalahari Kiss goes on a khaki color. It's a really weird shade that I thought would completely clash with my skin tone but was actually really complimentary.

On Safari China Glaze collection khaki color nail polish nailart nails art tribal leopard print Spellbound swatch

Kalahari Kiss makes a great leopard base, especially when using Desert Sun from the same collection and an unnamed black.

On Safari China Glaze collection khaki color nail polish nailart nails art tribal leopard print Spellbound swatchI'm disappointed that I didn't do all the nails leopard print. After having to carefully use a Q-Tip and some nail polish remover to take off the first (really horrible) design there was no removing this one unless I wanted to start all over. The last thing I wanted to do was start all over.

For those wondering about my vacation, I'll be leaving early Saturday morning and won't get back until Sunday the following week. What that means is that this week's posts will likely be my last for a few weeks. I was horrified last year to come back with my nails a ragged mess. I'm honestly expecting no less this year. Nails just don't take well to hours and days submerged in sea water ... any water really. If anyone knows of things I can do (besides staying away from the water) that will keep my nails from being completely destroyed I would love to hear them before I leave!!

0 comments: