My favourite nail polishes of 2011

So of course I also wanted to do a post with my favourite nails of 2011. This time I tried to stick with polishes that were part of this year's collections or that were released during 2011. I'm also thinking about doing a post about my favourite manicures that I wore during this year, but that's tomorrows business.

I had to struggle a bit to narrow my list down, but in the end I ended up with 14 polishes. I know it would probably make more sense to have top 15 or so, but sometimes I just don't make sense... Lol. Well, the truth is that all these 14 polishes were really my favourites and I couldn't narrow it down more and on the other hand I didn't want to include one more just to get the number right. So without further ado, here's my top 14 polishes of 2011 and these are not in order from one to 14 or anything like that, because I just couldn't rank them that way. I also included the links to my posts about the polishes if you want to take better look.

China Glaze Ahoy! I really love pretty pink polishes and I was quite excited about this one when I first saw the promo pics. And this surely wasn't a disappointment on nail either. It's really pretty one and I will surely wear this many times in coming years too.




Jesse's Girl Glee. I really love the tv show Glee and this polish is also veeery pretty! I know it is a near dupe of many other polishes (Zoya Charla etc.), but I don't have any of those and I think this is a fine alternative, just because it was the easiest one for me to get. Original or not, the color is so pretty!


Misa Genie In This Bottle. As soon as I had the bottle of this in my hands I knew I would love it. It looks amazing in bottle and also on nail, so pretty, like fairy dust on your nails. It really got me thinking that I should get more polishes from this collection, but I still haven't got more, but maybe I really should.


China Glaze Papaya Punch. If someone forced me to choose just one favourite polish of 2011 I just might say it is this one. It is the very first orange polish that I ever got and it was pure love from the minute I painted my nails with it. It's so bright and fun, and it really got me into loving orange polishes.


Depend 218. This is again really pretty pink and I feel very comfortable wearing dark pinks like this. Also I really loved the quality of this polish, mainly because this was a one-coater! It's sometimes hard to find polishes that cover well and this certainly did that job well.


Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Glitter. Eventhough I don't care about Justin Bieber, I really loved this glitter. It is my one and only Nicole by OPI polish and I was little hesitant of getting it just because of the Bieber thing, but I'm glad I did. It's purple and it's glitter so it is really no surprise that I love it!


China Glaze Trendsetter. This one is probably one of those colors that you either love or hate and I happen to love it. I was little bit unsure if I would like it, but I decided to get it and it really looked so good on nail. Can't wait to wear it again!


Zoya Faye. I only got my first Zoyas this year and it has become one of my favourite brands, though they are still a bit hard to get here in Finland. I really loved everyone's swatches of Faye and decided to get it eventhough I was a bit unsure if I would like it because of the golden shimmer that sometimes doesn't really work with my skintone. But as you can figure I really loved the color and the quality.


China Glaze Skyscraper. I always say that me and blue polishes don't really go well together and still there are some in my top 14, lol. But this is really amazing color and I felt really comfortable wearing it. As you can probably figure out from this list and from my blog that I really love anything glitter, so again it wasn't so big surprise that I loved this one too, blue or not.


Misa Grey Matters. Grey isn't probably one of the most exciting polish colors, but I think Misa really hit a home run with this one. The black shimmer makes this polish so interesting and very unique at least for me. I think I'll be wearing this again very soon...


OPI Grape...Set...Match. My top list wouldn't be complete without a really pretty purple, would it... I really don't like the name of this polish, but at least the color is amazing. It was really a must have for a purple lover like me and I was really glad when I finally managed to get it.


Color Club Sugarplum Fairy. Color Club had a really nice glitter collection for this year's holidays and this one was by far my favourite one. Again, it is glitter and I looove glitters, but it also has hlographic glitter in it, which makes it even more prettier. If Genie In This Bottle was fairy dust on nails this is probably some kind of fairy glitter then, lol.


Models Own Pinky Brown. Like many other nail polish bloggers I was also excited about Models Own Beetlejuice collection. Pinky Brown was the one I thought I would probably like the most and I was right, as it is sooo pretty color and has that nice duochrome effect. It also makes up a bit the fact that I dont own Mac's Bad Fairy, eventhough I know these are anywhere near dupes.

 
Essence Blue Addicted. Last but not least I have another blue glitter on my list. I thought Essence did nice job with their new colors and this one was quite amazing one. I haven't worn this as a full manicure yet as I only did swatches of it, so I can't wait to do that soon!


So here it was, my top 14 polishes of 2011. What did you all think? Would you pick any of those that I did or which were your favourite polishes of 2011? I have really enjoyed reading other bloggers top list and hope to see even more!

0 comments: