Day 24: Inspired by a book

I had a bit of struggle with todays task, because first of all I couldn't deside which book to choose. Originally I wanted to do one of the books by Ilkka Remes, who is my favourite Finnish author (he writes thrillers and it's my yearly Christmas present to get his latest novel). I have all his books, but all the book covers were too much for me, because I had limited time to use. So I searched my bookshelf for awhile, but then I remembered this funny book by Andy Riley called The Book of Bunny Suicides: Little Fluffy Rabbits Who Just Don't Want to Live Any More. It's this black comedy cartoon book and has really nice and bright orange cover. 

So of course I had my mind set about painting some bunnies in orange background and I did try that but it didn't work as well as I wanted, so I had to remove that manicure and start over again. By then I just didn't have much time to left to do this mani, as I was supposed to do another zillion things, so I just desided to paint my nails with the same orange and settle with that. So today's inspiration mani isn't the most innovative one, but at least it's a nice bright orange, lol.

Also, I had to take this picture with artificial light so it isn't perfect, but you get the idea, right? I used Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up for this. It's quite sheer one, so I painted it over white, but I still had to use three coats of it. So it's probably not the best orange out there, but it's a nice color and was really close to the color of the book cover.

And if you're wondering why my copy of this book is in German, it's because I got this book from Germany when I was visiting Berlin in 2005 (if I remember correctly). And I bought it just because it didn't cost much and was quite funny.

0 comments: